system freezing up

stourry 20:13 17 Nov 03

runwin 98se amd2000+ jetway 266b m/b
512 mb ddr 2100 sb blaster audio nvidia gforce 5200 128mb sony cdu4811 rom and cyber drive cw085d crd/rw
when playing american conquest sytem locking up have to reset when resetting monitor stays on standby and hard drive continues to show reading sometimes switching off machine for 10min allows to me to re-boot any help would be appreciated
run avg av and sygate personal firewall
thanks in advance ray

gold 47 20:53 17 Nov 03

512mb of ram is to high for W98 try 250mb.

stourry 11:00 18 Nov 03

have upgraded to win me perhaps that will help with memory sorry about delay but system was still freezing i wonder if processor is getting to warm could that cause system to freeze

gold 47 12:47 18 Nov 03

512MB is still high for WME you do not require this size of ram for 98/ME/WXP of coarse is an other story.
I run a 1.3mb Duron on my older computer doesn't seem to go above 20c.

gold 47 14:38 18 Nov 03

Correction CPU is running at 32c.

cycoze 16:04 18 Nov 03

Taken from click here , What can I do if my game crashes back to Windows while playing?
Please close all unnecessary running applications in the background of your system
(e.g. Firewall, Antivirus, System control tools, chat clients).

If your machine runs ok other than this problem , then i would say it is down to the game , the above obviously isnt going to help if you want to play online !

I would suggest you have a look at the games web site for more information.

Also i run two 98se machines , both with 512MB of memory installed , both run fine using Cacheman click here it is freeware/shareware , its free but you wont get updates , $10 otherwise .

stourry 17:43 18 Nov 03

iwill have alook at cachman not sure re cpu temp ines may be higher i will check for sure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…