//some 3rd party need geo

System freezes shortly after start-up

capnsofa 15:16 09 Mar 05

I start up my system in the normal way and everything seems to go OK, through the usual Windows 'blurb', on to my Desktop and I can select whatever I wish to do, e.g. open a spreadsheet, go on to the Internet etc.
However, within a few seconds of my starting the job, the whole system freezes for about one minute, after which everything proceeds as normal.
My OS is Windows 98, I have Norton Anti-Virus and Wanadoo Broadband.
Can you help ? - this is rather annoying !

Gongoozler 15:22 09 Mar 05

The computer appears to be getting a very processor intensive task just after starting up. I suspect Norton but try disabling some startup items. Click on Start - Run. Type in the word msconfig and OK. In the box that opens click on the Startup tab. Click to remove the ticks from any suspect programs and click OK to on each box exit. reboot the computer. If the problem has gone, then re-enable the startup items until it comes back. You will then have found the culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…