System folder is corrupted!!!

Rhuddlan 13:38 31 Jul 04

When running the System File Checker on my win 98 IBM laptop last night, a message appeared saying that the system folder within the windows folder is corrupted and to insert the installtion dics to repair, but I haven't got the win 98 installation discs, I only have two CD-ROM's which are the cutomzation cd and the recovery cd, any ideas on how else to fix this folder?, or doesn it need fixing? The computer runs fine and everything works, so is it that bad? I don't know how it got corrupted anyway!!! Regards, Rhuddlan.

TommyRed 14:40 31 Jul 04

bump

TommyRed 14:47 31 Jul 04

If you don't get sorted there are plenty of 98 discs for sale on e-bay, can't give any guarantees though. TR

User-312386 14:57 31 Jul 04

go to start>shut down, but restart in ms-dos

Now when in dos type scanreg/fix

Rhuddlan 16:54 31 Jul 04

OK thanks for that Madboy, I will give that a try tomz, and post back, many thanks, Rhuddlan.

TommyRed 11:02 03 Aug 04

Shouldn't that be scanreg /fix wih a space after scanreg or am I thinking of something else. TR

User-312386 17:46 04 Aug 04

No it should NOT be

you are thinking of sfc /scannow for windows XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…