system files error

ellese 23:07 12 Jan 03
  ellese 23:07 12 Jan 03

Every single time i boot up my PC, even before i get to windows i recieve an error messege saying that "windows found an error in your system files and restored a recent backup of the files to fix the problem, press enter to restart your computer". This is now becoming irritating, i just wonder if i've tweaked something somewhere, can someone offer any assistance?

AndySD 23:17 12 Jan 03

Windows 98 and Registry Files?

AndySD 23:51 12 Jan 03

By e-mail....yes

This was answered a hort while age but the Search wont find it ... does someone have the link to the thread?

VoG™ 23:55 12 Jan 03

Well I won't even bother trying to find your link - but if it is possible please post it.

Start, Run and type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key.

AndySD 23:59 12 Jan 03

Just read my post...doh the spelling and I am stone cold sober..

hort while age ....short while ago

bvw in bristol 00:05 13 Jan 03

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, run the Registry Checker tool using the /fix and /opt command-line switches. To do so, follow these steps:

Restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key until the Windows 98 Startup menu appears, and then choose Command prompt only.
At the command prompt, type scanreg /fix, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: The /fix command-line switch causes the Registry Checker tool to repair any damaged portions of the registry.
After the Registry Checker tool finishes repairing the registry, press ENTER.
At the command prompt, type scanreg /opt, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: The /opt command-line switch causes the Registry Checker tool to optimize the registry by removing unused space.
Restart your computer.

Copied and pasted from the knowledge base link.

bvw in bristol 00:09 13 Jan 03

and this was the link: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…