System file is not suitable for running msdos?????

jake2 13:55 28 Dec 04

At start I've started to get the following message: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the application"
I have checked the start menu via "msconfig" and I cannot see this program listed. I have searched the program name with no results. I have loaded two games "need for speed underground 2" and "colin mcrae 04" recently otherwise there have been no changes. Which makes me suspect it's one of them causing the problem. Any idea what this program is there for? Where it came from and how do I get rid of it? (windows xp with sp2 installed)

VoG II 13:58 28 Dec 04

Go to click here and click on XP_Fix.EXE to download the fix.

jake2 14:57 28 Dec 04

Ta very muchly voG!! Sorted in about 30 seconds flat !! Thanks again merry crimbow & a happy new year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…