System Failure with Pinnacle Studio8 Video Creatio

Cui Bono 17:57 09 Mar 05

I have been using Pinnacle Studio8 with my Mesh Matrix 2600+Xi quite comfortably for a year until my Hard Disk failed. Mesh quickly replacet it and returned the computer with a new version of Windows XP plus Service Pack 2.

I reinstalled all my software packages and restored my backed up data.

Now everytime I create a new video with Pinnacle Studio8 and then go to Make Movie, on clicking the Create Disc button the screen goes instantly black and the computer restarts. This happens every time.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio8 without success.

I hesitate to contact companies' helplines because from previous experience I suspect I shall end up spending hours and money on the phone being bounced from site to site, unsuccessfully.

I would very much appreciate some help and advice from anyone with better computing experience than I have.

Many thanks

woodchip 18:01 09 Mar 05

This sound more like a Graphics driver problem

woodchip 18:03 09 Mar 05

PS check Device Manager for yellow marks.
Right click on My Computer Icon Properties/Hardware/Device Manager

mole44 20:13 09 Mar 05

i use pinnacle studeo 8,its the most buggy software i have used,i however have found before you use it close down the computer then restart it,i have a feeling that memory fragmentation causes it to go belly up.i do a computer restart and that usually does the trick.also if you go to there web site there are updates look under the legacy tab,be warned there quite large.

woodchip 20:15 09 Mar 05

Also have you downloaded the latest software updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…