System Fail, only starting up, no peripherals, no screen, restart cycle

mikeswn 08:29 12 May 15

So i have a problem, like 2 weeks ago i got a new keyboard, razer blackwidow , and since then i started getting bsods: first the kernelinpagedataerror, then once or twice , criticalprocess_died.

I decided to run a windows update(i have them disable due to bad experiences in the past,) and a minute or tw after the restart my pc crashes and ends up in a restart cycle, not detecting ANY peripherals doing so, so i can" even go into the bios. I started taking my pc into parts removing hardware by hardware, in the end leaving 0an motherboard cpu ram and a keyboard and monitor, since that didn't work out i removed the cmos battery and all , left unplugged etc. Still nothing.

I can start the pc now and the cpu fan etc. Work, but nothing else. No peripherals working. I tried booting from a recovery device, nothing.

I really don' know what to do at this point and don' ever know what hardware is causing this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

xania 09:06 12 May 15

If your monitor is not working, you will never know what else is at fault. You need to start with the monitor. If the light is on, does it change colour - if not no signal to monitor. Can you check monitor against another PC or try another monitor on your PC. You will need to get this sorted before you can go any further

mikeswn 09:15 12 May 15

Tried with 2 Monitors VGA and HDMI i don,t think it even gets that far maybe its some hardware damage?

xania 09:30 12 May 15

Looks like your graphics card (graphics on the mb) has failed

mikeswn 09:48 12 May 15

Maybe there is a problem with my cpu but i had a gpu in and my screens on that so its not my graphics card or onboard graphics. If you read everything thoroughly , it does not find any peripherals, keyboard and mouse do not light up (even in bios they usually do) and its in a restart cycle , i doubt that a faulty onboard graphics would cause that or the given bsods above.

xania 11:31 12 May 15

OK - can't comment on the BSOD's, unless you had the error codes that went with them. You could have purchased a faulty keyboard, but you would need to check that against another PC. Its just possible that the other problems were triggered by this, but I doubt it.

Have you checked power to the mb itself. The fact that the fans are working means the power supply to the fans is ok, but it still could be that power to the mb is not. CPU failure should not affect power to the keyboard and mouse, but any other mb problems=probably would.

I had a similar failure and resolved it by removing the main connectors and replacing them. Also, your mb fuse might have blown - may be worth a check.

Running out of ideas!!

mikeswn 16:39 12 May 15

Ok thanks i may try that one last time. I went to my local tech store, he said it sounds very much like a faulty motherboard probably gonna contact support. Thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017