System errors - Please Help

buster99 17:55 17 Oct 05

I keep getting the following system error fault - it reads as follows :-

message from system to error on 10/17/2005 5;28.27.pm. stop windows requires immediate attention.windows has found critical system errors.to fix the errors please do the following;1.download registry repair from ;http;//click here 2.install registry repair.3.run repair 4. reboot your computer. failure to act now may lead to data loss and corruption! http;//click here

When you go to this website it wants you to part with hard earned cash. Please can anone help in removing this problem. I receive approximately 1 of these messages every minute. I've tried CCleaner/SpyBot and nothing seems to work.

Txs in anticipation

splork 18:06 17 Oct 05

Try the Microsoft Antispyware tool - disconnect from the net while the tool is scanning/cleaning.
click here

Make sure your antivirus software is up to date, run a complete scan (again, while offline).

Get a good firewall (check out the site above) if you dont have one already, if you are using the standard Windows XP one it only checks incoming traffic.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:09 17 Oct 05

Its a con to fighten you into buying thier product

You obviously have a form of spyware on your PC you need to remove.

Download the latest versionof Hijack this from click here into a folder of its own (do not run from a temporay folder)

Post the log it generates at click here and wait for an answer

Number 7 18:12 17 Oct 05

Turn off the Windows Messenger Service.

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services.

Find Messenger in the list, right click it with your mouse and select Properties.

Set Startup Type to Disabled.

Click Apply, click OK.

Hopefully the messages will stop.

buster99 22:27 18 Oct 05

Txs for all of your help - problem fixed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…