System Driver Updates

johndrew 14:07 23 Jun 06

Being wary of updating drivers on my system I was very interested when I saw PCA had included a full version of Driver Genius 5.1 on the latest (August 2006) DVD.

I have installed the software and registered it but am very wary of using it as I understand from the helpfile that it automatically updates drivers on the system.

Given the number of instances of driver problems recorded in these forums, is there a need to keep drivers updated and if so has anyone any experience of this particular software for achieving this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Devil Fish 14:50 23 Jun 06

not used it but reading the review in the mag it says that it can backup , restore , and update drivers

if that is the case back up your origional drivers
and then install new ones and you then have the option to restore your previous drivers if the new ones cause problems

i tend to use the if it isnt broken don't fix it attitude on most drivers except for sound and graphics for gaming i dont really worry about the rest unlees i need to

johndrew 10:53 24 Jun 06

bump

johndrew 11:56 26 Jun 06

Thanks for your response.

I read the mag and the helpfile but still feel uneasy about using it to update drivers. I must admit the first thing I did was to backup all the drivers for future reference.

Your attitude of `if it isnt broken don't fix it` seems to be the best policy. Until I either have more confidence in the software or a need to update I shall let sleeping dogs........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…