System Driver problem

iscanut2 10:38 15 Jul 05

Now and again ( not regularly ) my system crashes and reboots. The error report generated my MSoft Crash Analysis suggests an unknown system driver. Is there any way I can find out which driver ? The error log shows a couple of items which may be related. (1) boot start/system start driver failed to load : vobiw & (2) firefox crashed due to a problem with xpcomm.dll. I dont't know if these are relevant but I cannot find the dll file on my system and I cannot find out any reference to vobiw. Anyone have any clues, suggestions etc. Thanks,

iscanut2 14:15 15 Jul 05

PS..I should have made it clear that the error relates to " an unknown device driver " .

mattyc_92 14:19 15 Jul 05

Right-Click "My Computer" and select Properties....

Now click onto the "Hardware" tab and click onto the "Device Manager"... Juct look out for a "exlamation mark" and/or "question mark" icon(s)... The "branch" that they belong to, SHOULD be "expanded" by default.

woodchip 14:42 15 Jul 05

Check event viewer in Control Panel under Administrator

iscanut2 19:13 15 Jul 05

mattyc_92. No problems shown in the Device Manager lists. All working correctly !

woodchip. Thanks, had forgotten about the info that can be obtained via event viewer. Unfortuneatly this only tells me what i already knew in that xpcomm.dll caused a problem resulting in Firefox terminating.

Still non the wiser re a device driver vobiw ! Thanks anyway for the responses.

Terry Brown 19:30 15 Jul 05

As you are running FIREFOX, have you updated your system with microsoft updates. This may have overwritten the Firefox operating system. Try re-loading Firefox.Terry

Klof Ron 19:39 15 Jul 05

After Googling vobiw, it seems that it is related either to Nero, or iTunes. If you havr nero this click here may help.

iscanut2 21:11 15 Jul 05

Thanks Guys..Will reinstall Firefox 1.05 and see what happens. I have ITunes on the PC but not Nero. I will uninstall ITunes for a while and monitor events.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…