system died?

kumarisblue 16:40 03 Aug 05

can anyone help please??? I have an 'emachines 620' that will not start up on power on. The fan seems to be working on powerup ,but that is all.The power light comes on briefly on the unit and then goes off. There is no display on the monitor, it doesnt come on at all. Everything remains static and non working on machine except that the fan does keep running the whole time but this is all. Im not sure where to start to diagnose the problem. It seemed to be ok until the storms of a couple of weeks ago and the system has gone belly up since. Has anyone any ideas where I can begin to start fault finding please? Or has this system died a death? Thanks in advance!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 03 Aug 05

The fact that everything is non working sounds like a PSU failure, this te place to start , can would beg steal or borrow one to try?

Symptoms could also be due to faulty

1. g card

2 memory

but would have expected beeps at start.

Worst case scenario -- Could also be motherboard and or CPU filure

kumarisblue 16:56 03 Aug 05

Oh no!...where should I begin please? Do I test the PSU first? Thanks for response!

Diemmess 18:04 03 Aug 05

Yes in this case, but the only sensible way is by trying a substitute PSU.

If you have to beg or borrow one there is no need to attach everything you have. Just the HD will do to try things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…