System diagnosis help please

cliffoa 22:27 11 Jan 07

Hi
Bought my son Rainbow Six Vegas for Christmas, but on installing found my 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro not good enough, so have to upgrade. At same time I want to add some extra RAM and Hard Drive memory. A computer guy at work says he'll do it for me, as I'm not that au fait with inside of computers, but he said I need to find out a few things about my system first, like how many slots I have spare and whether the motherboard uses AGP or PCI Express. I can't seem to find this level of system information displayed anywhere on my pc. Can anyone tell me where I might find it displayed, or of a suitable system diagnostics tool I can download that would tell me the answers to these questions. I'm running XP pro.
cheers

mammak 22:34 11 Jan 07

This might help click here

ed-0 22:35 11 Jan 07

for your memory, use cpu-z click here

Open the spd tab, use the drop down box for different slots and post the results back here.

wjrt 22:46 11 Jan 07

click here
click here
sisoftsandra is more comprehensive

Technotiger 23:02 11 Jan 07

This will tell you all you need to know about your memory - what you have, what you could have, number of slots, type of RAM - everything in fact to do with memory in Your pc.

click here

Technotiger 23:03 11 Jan 07

ps - just click on Scan My Computer.

cliffoa 00:30 18 Jan 07

Thanks for your helpful posts guys, from them I've been able to build up the info I needed to know exactly what I need to upgrade.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac