System dangerously low on resources

knobler 22:46 15 Oct 04

I'm running ME anf all of a sudden when trying to open word I'm getting this message and basically every thing starts to stop.

Basics I know but........

VoG II 22:57 15 Oct 04

Do a search for the file NORMAL.DOT (note doT not doC). You will need to enable searching for hidden files and folders to find it. In the search results box, right click the file and select Rename. Call it NORMAL.OLD

Start Word - it should start normally.

mammak 22:57 15 Oct 04

Hi knobler, how are you doing!
Firstly it might seem long and winding,
But its important first have you an upto date anti virus, firewall, spyware catcher, such as "spybot search and destroy ,adware ect boring i know but an important factor in memory issues kind regards Mammak.

knobler 23:08 15 Oct 04

Cheers VoG - I think I better be honest and say that as soon as I saw your reply I remembered the cure - I must be low on memory too!

Mammak - Thanks for the advice but nellie very kindly checked my machine out for me the other day - well worth the donation to ASAP and NSPCC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…