System crash,most recent messages on event viewer

Taw® 19:41 14 Jun 04

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB17.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt and has been deleted.

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt, restoring from backup "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB".

TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BILLY.ldb" was corrupt and has been copied to "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\xDB18.tmp". File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\BILLY.ldb" was corrupt and has been deleted.

Went to sign into MSN messenger and my computer rebooted. The above are the last three messages in the event viewer with a red x system is XP pro 512 Ram and all drivers up to date. Have had no problems in a long while but installed DX 9 yesterday from a game cd any info or advice much appreciated

Fruit Bat 19:47 14 Jun 04

DX9 giving problems patch on MS update site.

Dan the Confused 19:52 14 Jun 04

Delete everything from the internet logs folder and reboot. (It's being caused by ZA.)

Taw® 20:13 14 Jun 04

Thank you both for that have carried out both pices of advice.Dan the Confused is there an easy way to explain what happened and how were you directed to ZA?

johnnyrocker 20:28 14 Jun 04

true vector engine is a part of za i ended up sacking za for exactly the same problems and now happily use sygate from this site download section.

johnny.

Dan the Confused 21:45 14 Jun 04

Agree with Johnnyrocker, True Vector is used by ZoneAlarm as is the Internet Logs folder. Can't say for sure what caused it, although the DX9 update looks a likely candidate. (Did it work by the way?)

Dan the Confused 21:47 14 Jun 04

I still use ZA quite happily though...

Taw® 10:45 16 Jun 04

Yes many thanks again since loading the update and emptying the log folder all has been well. I have used ZA for a nunmber of years and has never caused me a problem till now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…