system crashing

ROB_BUSWELL 14:05 31 Mar 03

when playing a number of games lately, my system crashes me back to my desktop after a short period of time in the game. all of my drivers are up to date as far as i know, i have no updates to do in windows.
i'm running windows xp, games are championship manager 4, and igi2.
if anyone can solve this one i would be very grateful!!

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 07:35 03 Apr 03

refresh this one for you rob

ĀÕL иàťﻍŗ 14:39 06 Apr 03

can anyone help this guy? he is a friend of mine and i recommended this site to him as it has helped me out of so much bother with my computer. but no one can seem to help him?? can someone please help him as this is making me look stupid! lol

woodchip 14:41 06 Apr 03

Not a gamer sorry

slimbo51 15:43 06 Apr 03

Snap as Woodchip....Don't play games.

jimv7 15:47 06 Apr 03

As most games are churned out, I would look first at the game and see if there are any patches/updates on the manufacturers site.

Cantillion 15:52 06 Apr 03

What's your graphics card? Maybe the newest drivers aren't the most reliable. Have you tried earlier drivers?

A15 16:29 06 Apr 03

But, do you run a broadband connection with a firewall? The reason I ask is that on some games I have played in the past, they have tried to ask the firewall for access to the internet, of course the firewall will not let them until it has asked me. This action has in the past crashed some games back to the desktop & once the game has crashed it stops asking for internet access, so you only get a brief request. Just thought you might have a similiar problem.

Mad Boy 16:57 06 Apr 03

Probably wont work, but have you tried re-installing both games? Though that's not the problem as both wont be bad games worth a try still

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…