System crashes when playing certain audio cds

number69 10:51 20 Feb 05

I decided to transfer all of my audio cds to hard disc.
I found that the computer kept crashing, sometimes after ripping a couple of tracks other times it would rip 20 or more cds before there were any problems.
The system would shut down then restart with the message “the system has recovered from a serious error” After Turning off automatically restart after errors I find that problems also occur when just playing a disc. The computer locks up every time certain discs are played. It will get to a particular track then stop. Every thing will then freeze, if you leave it, it might start to work again but have various the last time the keyboard was dead and I couldn’t get into device manager other times the modem stopped working. Other times outlook or word will suddenly freeze. These problems only occur after the cd player error. The problem occurs with both original discs and copies. Windows player 10 and real player..
. System Xp Pro Sp2 with all updates AMD 1.3
2x Seagate hard drives 1 80gb the other 200gb. 2x cd drives Teac w552e and a goldstar crd 8322b both cd drives stop at the same point on the discs. The discs will play ok in a audio player.
Any ideas please

number69 12:51 20 Feb 05

Totally-braindead 13:06 20 Feb 05

Have you tried system restore to see if you can get it stable again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…