System crashes when accessing the internet (XP2)

happybunny 17:09 29 Jan 05

Can anyone help me please?

I have a 6 week old computer running XP Home SP2.

I was browsing the internet today (I had 3 IE windows open) and was printing something from Word.

One of the 3 IE windows had a page not available message, I closed it, reopened and typed in a new url.

The system crashed (blue screen) and automatically rebooted.

Now if I try to do anything connected to the Internet(load IE or Outlook Express) I get another crash. Even a virus scan caused a crash.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem with either XP or IE?

Many thanks

VoG II 17:11 29 Jan 05

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked to insert your Windows CD.

alan227 17:17 29 Jan 05

Have you had a look at the errors in event viewer.
Click start / right click My computer / click Manage / click Event viewer / click System and look for errors in a red circle with a white cross in it.
If you double click one of the errors then click on the Microsoft URL and then click Yes it will give you an idea what is causing that problem.

AndySD 17:19 29 Jan 05

Try Going Start then Printers and look to see if there are any documents waiting to be printed. If so delete them from the print que.

happybunny 17:33 29 Jan 05

Looking on other threads this crashing problem seems to be a problem for some new Mesh Computers, mine is a Matrix 64 3500+

Will try the suggestions, thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…