System Crash (graphics?)

Countrymanuk 21:59 19 Feb 03

Hi all,
During playing a game of ram hungry graphics and other programs like graphic card demos and even simple video play, my pc will unexpectedly restart with a message saying it has recovered from a serious error, prompts me to send details to Microsoft and leaves some info. Quite often when it restarts the keyboard and mouse won't work until another reset. One time it pointed the finger at Radeon display driver. It recommended updating the driver. I downloaded and installed the new drivers from ATI, there were two files, but still I have the same problem.
These crashes are iregular and can take time to happen, but i have recently discovered that playing these graphic card demos, i can induce a crash my restarting and RESIZING the page on which it's displayed.
My pc is only 5 months old, could there be a hardware failure? Maybe because i have the graphics settings to high. I've tried seeking advice from other sources and have had no success. I have DX9 installed but the same happened with DX8.1. I get the feeling from reading into it that its quite often configuration and drivers that are responsable and not the hardware. I do try to do things properly, update from Windows, scandisk, defrag ect.
I would be very grateful if anyone could offer some advice on how to resolve these crashes.
Thanks
These are the details I have of when this happens.
Error report contents: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump|Mini110602-01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
Error signature: BCCode:d1 BCP1: 0000012C BCP3:00000000 BCP4:F7F79F7C OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:768_1
My PC specs are:Windows XP 512mb ram, Radeon 9000 pro 64mb, 2100 Athlon processor, Audigy soundblaster 5.1, and I use a TFT Monitor.

rct 22:04 19 Feb 03

The latest ATI drivers are only stable with XP SP1. Do you have this? click here and make sure you're up to date.

Countrymanuk 22:18 19 Feb 03

Yes, i have Win update up to date. It would tell me if i didn't have SP1?? I remember downloading anyway.

Any other ideas please?

Countrymanuk 22:30 19 Feb 03

I've just noticed the thread "Does your XP restart on it's own" VERY INTERESTING Gonna read through it now, think im gonna find the answer. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…