system crash - BIOS, Ram error

lisa_gedo 21:44 16 Mar 08

system crashed with blue screen, does anyone know what _IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL? first word in this has ver on the end but don't know what it is as the screen it too far over.

woodchip 21:52 16 Mar 08
  rossgolf 21:52 16 Mar 08

first word is DRIVER_

lisa_gedo 22:29 16 Mar 08

i'll check back when it happens again so i can get more info on it....i do know microsoft said it was a problem with the ram and BIOS !!! i'll post back soon.

lisa_gedo 16:51 21 Mar 08

ok its now happened again....details as follows.

SYSTEM HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PROTECT IT.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS SHADOWING OR CACHING.

ERROR INFO: 0x000000D1 (0x22040018, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x7c911713)
------------------------------------------
WHEN PC RESTARTED I GET THE MESSAGE 'THE SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR, SEND REPORT'

MICROSOFT REPORTS ERROR AS:

Help and Support | Security | Microsoft Update

Consider BIOS upgrade

Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output (BIOS) system version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

Additional information

Important: Upgrading the BIOS version may require moderate to advanced troubleshooting skills. If you are uncomfortable with performing these steps, you might want to consider consulting with paid technical support.

If your computer contains an Intel processor, you can use special utilities to identify your specific processor. Click the following link to go online for more information:

Intel Processor Identification Utility

List of BIOS Manufacturers

For a list of BIOS manufacturer websites, see the following two Knowledge Base articles on the Microsoft Support website:

See the article 243909 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 1 (A-Pi)

See the article 243971 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 2 (Pr-Z)

OK NOW ITS GETTING A BIT TECHNICAL FOR ME, ANY HELP APPRECIATED TY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…