system conflict but what caused it

Head hurts 11:28 23 Oct 06

i got home yesterday to see a warning message popped up on pc saying two internet connections trying to run on my pc. i have windows xp home with avast and zone alarm. i could not access the internet from ie so went to my netgear set up page to check all ok and used the smart set up wizard to recheck and reset if necessary. on the check page for my isp which usually shows my plus net access and password there appeared [email protected]. i typed in my own user access and password and once again gained internet access i then went to trend micro and asked it to scan my pc. it found 1 item of greyware a tracking type cookie called something with word yes in it (sorry should have written it down) i did a scan on pc for bushamanda but could not find anything. i have done enough and any ideas how this happened. do i need to do anything else? (also have adaware and spyware blaster. thanks in anticipation.

Head hurts 11:30 23 Oct 06

my last line should have read have i done enough etc.

birdface 13:32 23 Oct 06

Go To control panel,Network connections,Make sure that there are no suspicious connections on there.I only have one,Local area connection,

birdface 13:52 23 Oct 06

I would update any anti-virus + Spyware programs you have on there and maybe add one Ewido.or a Squared.Go into safe mode and run them there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009