SYSTEM CONFIGURATION PROBLEM

timothy44 13:34 04 Apr 03

Hi, I had to reboot whole system recently (windows xp) and now on start up I get this annoying start up menu which lasts 3 seconds and among other things has boot up settings on it. Can I get rid of this by going into System Configuration and clicking on "normal start up menu" at the moment it seems to be on "selective start up menu" Has anyone done this as obviosly I don't want to try it in case computer wont boot up at all. thanks

Stuartli 14:19 04 Apr 03

Normal start up menu (at least in Win98) loads everything up and will probably take longer...

timothy44 14:24 04 Apr 03

oh ok heres what the menu says:

Please select operating system to start

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (which is highlighted)
Microsoft Windows
Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Use up and down arrows keys to move the highlght to your choice
Prtess enter to choose
Seconds until highlighted choice will be started in automatic

For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for windows press f8

you dont need to do anything to it as it only lasts for 3 seconds but it is irritating every time.

photographed it with digicam in caes you think i'm a speed writer ha ha

timothy44 21:37 04 Apr 03

Help

professor 22:58 04 Apr 03

cant see how this is a problem as mentioned its like a win98 boot menu and if nothing else is useful as if XP goes wrong(and i promise it will) then that boot menu allows u to simply select the recovery option instead of say having to compleatly reload windows via restore disk or whatever

prof

woodchip 23:04 04 Apr 03

Use normal start-up, selective is for troubleshooting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…