System Commander 9

Peter 18:46 21 Aug 07

I am interested in the above product which allows several operating systems to be loaded onto a computer and the required one chosen from a start-up menu. It will also partition the hard drive to permit loading of the different operating systems, along with copying, moving and resizing partitions.

I have used an old version of Partition Commander, which came with a "light" version of System Commander, with Windows 95 and Windows 98 and found both programmes very good and useful.

Has anyone had any experience of System Commander 9, or a recent version, or a similar programme from another manufacturer? I think Norton took over another partitioning programme, but I've not been impressed by recent Norton software as they tend to be resource hogs.

Peter.

Peter 14:01 22 Aug 07

Any replies please?

stylehurst 14:11 22 Aug 07

Have a look at the various Acronis programs

Peter 15:12 22 Aug 07

Thanks for the pointer to Acronis products. Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 looks interesting. The only problem is that it doesn't appear to support Vista yet, but that should be okay as I want to use it with XP and 98SE.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…