system closes with ' a serious error '

heribierto 12:10 15 Aug 04

my system closes down and restarts itself when I am trying to imput data in the money program.
I am told that it is a serious error and I am invited to send it to Microsoft, which I have done. I get an automated reply to say that it may be due to a recently installed program so I have removed what recently installed programs I think have been installed, but the error still occurs.
It seems to happen mainly when I am trying to imput date into the Microsoft 2000 Money program when after two or three imputs the system closes.
I have reinstalled the Money program but the error still occurs
Heribierto

VoG II 12:18 15 Aug 04

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

The next time an error occurs, you should see error code(s) and message(s) displayed on a ble screen. If you can post those here it will help to diagnose the problem.

Devil Monkey 12:19 15 Aug 04

Try the system file checker

start

run

sfc /scannow

VoG II 17:55 15 Aug 04

Via e-mail

thanks for the reply. I did what you advised and started the system. After a few entries in the money program I had the following details on a blue screen. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL TECH STOP:0x0000000A(0X92A9C7CC,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X80514309 My system is XP Proffesional Dell computer thank you for your help Heribierto

=============

Please reply using the Add a response box at the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

click here may help you.

stalion 18:43 15 Aug 04

also check you have not got a faulty memory chip

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:49 15 Aug 04
  heribierto 10:38 19 Aug 04

it seems that my money program was for ME and was not compatib;e with XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…