System Clock keeps going wrong

Rickyv 07:33 26 Feb 04

I did a clean reinstall of XP Home and everything works great - except, the clock at the bottom right of my screen says its now 23.36 on 25/2/04 (its really 7.20am 26/2. I have put it right several times but the next morning when i turn on its wrong again. When i send e-mails they carry the incorrect time too! Any ideas please??

temp003 07:38 26 Feb 04

If time gets wrong by so much within so short a time, then you should change your BIOS battery on the motherboard.

jack 09:27 26 Feb 04

Usually this means that the Motherboard battery is failing. This is a 10p size battery clipped to the mitherboard that keeps the BIOS and other things[ the clock] running when the system is shut down.
If you are inquisitive ,take the cover off the machine. and look at the mother board 0 the big thing the all else is plugged into.
near the front - the side opposite where the external plug in - try to find a typical mercury disc battery. mostly they are just clipped in.
ease it bout and go to Boots/WHSmith and buy its replacement.
You will have to set up again when next you swith on the machine.

When setting the clock make sure you are in the correct time zone -London Greenwich meantime

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…