System CD

daisy2bell 14:55 21 Nov 05

I have just aquired a used Acer Aspire 1400XC.
I wish to reset this to its factory settings.

I was given 2 CD's
Disk 1 Rev.1.0 Systen CD
Disk 2 Recovery CD

I have looked through the manual, and cannot find any reference to this.

Can anyone help please.

MichelleC 15:14 21 Nov 05

If your bootup sequence isn't to check cd-rom 1st go into bios. The key to press on booting varies but it will say which one to press when booting up (usually a F key). Then look in each catagory for booting sequence (using enter key,esc to exit, and pageup/down to navigate). If you make a mistake don't worry as you can exit bios without saving. Change bootup to cd then just boot from Recovery cd. It should do the rest.

Hamish 15:15 21 Nov 05

Sorry can not help but why not try Acer for help at click here You can download from the site

uisquebeathus 15:17 21 Nov 05

The disk no 1 will wipe out all of the hard drive and install a set of drivers in a hidden partition. The disk no 2 will then install the operating system and whatever software was supplied with the original package.
this is a pretty straight forward procedure,
put the disks in and boot the computer, you might have to go into the bios to change the Boot order settings to make the ist boot the CD or DVD.( on booting up you might press F2 to enter the setup, the look for the doot options )
this is Acer web site page for the manual click here
The main stipulations i would put on this is for security and antivirus reasons, disconect the PC from the internet or any network until everthing is installed and you know that there is an Antivirus installed

daisy2bell 21:25 21 Nov 05

Thanks for that.

Will I be asked for a licence key. As I don't have one

keewaa 21:28 21 Nov 05

Use Belarc advisor or Magic Jelly bean to extract the code which you might or might not need.

click here

click here

keewaa 21:28 21 Nov 05

(Extract the code, before you start the reset process)

daisy2bell 09:57 22 Nov 05

Did it. All Ok now. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…