System C

Tulips 20:41 06 Oct 08

Is there a way of finding what is in System C ? I need to find some way of making space.

ACOLYTE 20:43 06 Oct 08

Open control panel and see what you can remove there,also click here is a good app for removing junk files and getiing some space back.

MAT ALAN 20:48 06 Oct 08

click here

this will tell you exactly whats on your PC...

hiwatt 20:50 06 Oct 08

You could just go into add/remove programs and remove any programs you don't need.You could also click on my computer,local disc c and you'll see all that is on your c drive.You'll not gain a huge amount this way but go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disc clean up and also download and run ccleaner click here

hiwatt 20:50 06 Oct 08

Need to type faster.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 06 Oct 08

Assuming System C is the name of your C drive partition it will have your operating system and any programs you have loaded to the default setting which is C:\program files.
Also your documents and settings will all be on that drive If you haven't moved then and let them save to the default My documents.

to recover space
Clear out all temporay files and folders -- use Crap Cleaner click here

alter the size of the
Pagefile (Virtual Memory) -- Rght click MY Computer - select propeties - Advanced tab - Performance - advanced tab - Virtual memory click change, you can put the page file on a differnt drive (if you have one), click custom size and set Initial size to one and a half times the amount of memory you have fitted i.e. 512MB memory = set to 768MB, set maximum to double your memory amount i.e. 512MB memory = 1024MB click ok.
If your hard drive is full and there is not enough room for the pagefile this can slow down, freeze or even cause the PC to crash (restart).

If your machine is running OK delete the hotfix restore files in C:\windows that are blue and start with $

alter the amount of disk space used by system restore Right click My Computer - properties - system restore tab - advanced - move slider to Min.

MarvintheAndroid 21:02 06 Oct 08

Many people overlook disk compression as an quick way to recover some much needed space. I would only view it as a short term solution. You should find an option to compress the disk under drive properties.

Also, a root and branch clearout of your email (followed by compacting the folders) can free up quite a lot of space.

Or you could try this click here

Marv

hiwatt 21:15 06 Oct 08

Actually if it's windows vista you're running,system restore by default uses a huge amount of disc space.See here for how to reduce the amount of hardrive space is used for SR.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…