system boot failure

ceripaul 13:21 31 Mar 04

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A DVD RW DRIVE FOR MY PC (MODEL LITEON) AND SINCE I INSTALLED IT I CANNOT GET ANY POWER TO IT PLUS THER IS NO POWER GOING TO MY HARD DRIVE AND ANY OTHER DRIVES BUT ONLY MY FLOOPY DRIVE AND MY DVD RAM R DRIVE I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING INCLUDING CHANGING THE POWER SUPPLY THE MOTHERBOARD AND SWAPING DRIVES ABOUT BUT THIS IS BAFFLING ME BECAUSE WHEN I PUT POWER TO MY ONE DRIVE MY DVD RAM R PLAYER, THAT WORKS EVERYTIME AND WHEN I PULL THE POWER OUT OF THAT DRIVE AND PUT IT DIRECTLY TO EITHER THE HARD DRIVE OR ANY OTHER DRIVES THERE IS NO POWER,MY OP SYSTEM IS XP PRO.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP
KIND REGARDS YOURS THANKFULLY
[email protected]

ceripaul 16:02 31 Mar 04

system boot failure
[1]
ceripaul Wed, 31.03.04 | 13:21
I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A DVD RW DRIVE FOR MY PC (MODEL LITEONit) AND SINCE I INSTALLED IT I CANNOT GET ANY POWER TO IT PLUS THER IS NO POWER GOING TO MY HARD DRIVE AND ANY OTHER DRIVES BUT ONLY MY FLOOPY DRIVE AND MY DVD RAM R DRIVE I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING INCLUDING CHANGING THE POWER SUPPLY THE MOTHERBOARD AND SWAPING DRIVES ABOUT BUT THIS IS BAFFLING ME BECAUSE WHEN I PUT POWER TO MY ONE DRIVE MY DVD RAM R PLAYER, THAT WORKS EVERYTIME, AND WHEN I PULL THE POWER OUT OF THAT DRIVE AND PUT IT DIRECTLY TO EITHER THE HARD DRIVE OR ANY OTHER DRIVES THERE IS NO POWER,MY OP SYSTEM i have tried the other two drives and the hard drive in a freinds tower they work great.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP KIND REGARDS YOURS THANKFULLY [email protected]

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:06 31 Mar 04

You might be overloading some power connectors by having to many items on 1 connector.

Regards.

ceripaul 16:51 31 Mar 04

all the power leads are working on my dvd ram r drive and floppy drive,but if i swap them around to any other drives such as cd rom,cd rw,or hard drive they won't power up. i have tried these drives in my friends tower and they all work great but my question is why does my one drive work and not the others?, i have gone through everything umpteen times but to no avail my problem is still unanswered

please reply kind regards
[email protected]

the-george 17:13 31 Mar 04

If all your drives work on another PC then they are unlikely to be faulty. This points to the PSU or the power cables. However, you say that the PSU has been changed so that should rule out an actual fault. You do not say what the output of the PSU is or if the new one is the same 'size' as the old one.
One possibility is that the PSU is overloaded.
This may sound unlikely but a DVD combo can require 10 watts more than a player and this could make a difference on sa system that is close to the edge. You can check this out by going to click here

This will give some idea of what size PSU you should have fitted if all your drives are connected

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…