System Alert !

Gav5 22:55 16 Feb 07

I foolishly allowed an active x program to run from a dubious website, and now i,ve got a message in the toolbar saying 'System Alert ! System has detected active spyware applications.' I've run Norton Internet 07, Windows defender,and microsoft's malicious software removal tool but they can't find anything wrong. When i click on the System Alert icon it takes me to Spydawn website saying i have to purchase their software to resolve this issue. Is this a con to get me to puchase, and how do i get rid of it ? System restore is unable to fix this !

gudgulf 23:02 16 Feb 07
  Gav5 23:07 16 Feb 07

Thanks gudgulf, i'll give that a go.

woodchip 23:08 16 Feb 07

See if it as loaded in Add Remove, Also check Start\Run\Msconfig\Startup Tab for somthing that looks like it and remove the tick

Gav5 23:43 16 Feb 07

thanks gudgulf, that fixed it good ! great website, i must remember that. Thanks again !

Gav5 23:46 16 Feb 07

Woodchip, There was nothing in the startup tab although there was an active x in the add/remove but when i tried to remove it, it just said to reboot and try again. Problem solved now, but thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…