System administrator privileges

LeonV 10:41 11 Jul 04

I am getting my new Windows XP PC up and running and have downloaded Adobe's PhotoAlbum starter program. When I try to enter the access code to avtivate it, however, I am told that only someone with system administrator privileges can do so. Can I get past this?

Indigo 1 10:45 11 Jul 04

Are you the Administrator ?

LeonV 10:47 11 Jul 04

No - this is just a single home PC.

You Splitter 11:20 11 Jul 04

Leon,

This isn't a solution but try logging off (not shutting down or re-start) and then log back on again. I have the same problem with another program even though I have only the one account. This is the only way round it tho i am still looking for an answer.

Check Control panel / user accounts to see what accounts you have. Do you have the guest account switched on or off and do you have the machine set up to request a password when you log on?

Indigo 1 11:36 11 Jul 04

You need to have at least one administrator account with XP, but it's a good idea not to use it for everyday stuff just incase something gets scrambled by mistake.

In Control Panel/User Accounts you can add or change an account and select it's rights and priviliges.

Then use the Log off Log on method to get into your new administrator account to change stuff.

LeonV 13:12 11 Jul 04

Sorry if I'm being thick, but in User Accounts, I only have the option to set up a Computer Administrator or limited rights.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…