sysrem restore

Ç̧ÇØ 10:48 05 Sep 05

Is there a way too back up system restore points to a cd rom

mattyc_92 10:54 05 Sep 05

Not as I know of

dave_and_confused 11:18 05 Sep 05

What would be the point?

Ç̧ÇØ 11:53 05 Sep 05

are system restore points deleted to make room for new ones. if so is there a way to save a system restore so its not deleted. if i get a new pc and install all my software, can i make a system restore point and keep it.

dave_and_confused 12:07 05 Sep 05

are system restore points deleted to make room for new ones. Yes

if so is there a way to save a system restore so its not deleted. No

if i get a new pc and install all my software, can i make a system restore point and keep it. No.

You need imaging software like Acronic True Image or Norton Ghost. System restore only montiors certian files and are not complete snapshots. System Restore can't be used in the manner i suspect you want to use it.

SANTOS7 12:18 05 Sep 05

click here
this may help...

dave_and_confused 12:22 05 Sep 05

Q. Can I make System Restore permanently retain a restore point?
A. No. System Restore is change base tracking tool, not an imaging or backup tool. Each restore point only stores changes to the system since the creation of the previous restore point to minimize space usage and improve performance, and all restore points are associated. Therefore, restoring the computer from the current state to a previous state requires the availability of all restore points. For example, if a user wants to restore the computer from point D to point A, System Restore will evaluate the system change logs for points C, B, and

If a restore point is permanent, space usage for storing the complete chain of restore points since the creation of the permanent restore point would become very large and impractical. System Restore also provides a space management feature to purge old restore points to make room for new ones, creating a rolling safety net. Restore points over 90 days are purged automatically by default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…