sysfan 1 - is it safe?

craga2012 23:00 PM 16 Nov 12

Hello, I have purchased two 120mm case fans without really thinking if they will actually work -_-

My motherboard is a http://www.msi.com/product/mb/760GM-P21--FX-.html and i currently have one 'SYS FAN 1' header on the mb free.

My question is, can i use the TX3 Fan Power Splitter Cable i've also ordered to plug both fans into, then plug the splitter into the 'sysfan 1' header or would it cause problems? The fans seem to be rated at 0.08a each which would equate to 0.16a? Though im not really sure of the max amp the sys fan 1 can handle :S

Any help would be appreciated as i dont want to have ended up wasting my money haha

Chronos the 2nd 08:14 AM 17 Nov 12

Yes you can do this, I am currently downsizing from a ATX motherboard to a M-ATX as I want a smaller case and unfortunately the mobo I have bought does not have enough fan headers so a splitter will be necessary. I suspect that if anything the fans may spin a little slower but that will mean less noise.

So go ahead no problems.

craga2012 09:16 AM 17 Nov 12

Ah cheers! Was just worried I might over burden or fry the mobo header if the fans are too powerful but at 016a I'm sure they should be ok.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites