Syschost on reboot??

powertron 13:17 26 Sep 06

Sorry guys to trouble you again, I have fixed my Folder & IE errors, but now I have another error. If it's not one thing it's another:(
When I reboot my Pc and it comes back on I get this message 'windows cannot find 'syschost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search'.

This problem is more annoying than anyhting else.
This is what I have done to try and solve the problem:

Scanned with ZonsAlarm Security Suit....Nothing found.
Scanned with Avg Free Edition....Nothing found.
Scanned with Xoftspy....Nothing found.
Scanned with Ewido AntiSpyware 4.0....Nothing found.
Msconfig/Startup made sure it was not in there....Was not there.
Scanned with HijackThis....Nothing found.
Searched for Syschost in Wizard Search....Nothing found.
Scanned with Avast 4.7....Nothing found.

I understand that this is a 'Trojan', I think the message is a remaining part of an infection that was not cleaned properly.
The only thought I can come up with is that there must be a Registry Key relating to this message somewhere that has not been deleted.

I'm proberbly wrong on that one, but if anyone has some good ideas as what to do next I would greatly appreciate it.
With Tanks.
Powertron.

Diodorus Siculus 13:23 26 Sep 06

Try running ccleaner which has a registry clean function click here

Fingees 13:23 26 Sep 06

You could try Ccleaner

click here

VoG II 13:26 26 Sep 06

It appears to be this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Modulo 00FE0F01 Host Internet
<Windows>\syschost.exe

click here

powertron 14:02 26 Sep 06

I just ran through all the options on Ccleaner, it cleaned and resoved a few issues with my Pc.
I rebooted, and the message is still comming up.
As regards to the Registry Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Modulo 00FE0F01 Host Internet
<Windows>\syschost.exe

This Key does not exist, I have searched for it.
This is what the windows message is telling me on reboot....'windows cannot find 'syschost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search'.
So windows is looking for Syschost on reboot, but it does not exist. Syschost is a Trojan, so I think the Trojan was deleted, but windows is still looking for the Trojan to execute it on reboot, but it has been cleaned.
Any other suggestions would be great:)

powertron 22:45 26 Sep 06

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…