SYS S Transfer after format pf Hard Drive - Urgent

Eileanbeag 19:12 14 Jan 04

A fortnight ago I thtough your Formum formatted and transferred the system files afterwords.

I had to format again tonight and have reached the stage where I typed in SYS S: but was told that this was a bad command - help. help, help!

Jester2K 19:18 14 Jan 04

sys s:

or do you mean sys c:??

where are you trying to transfer the system files from? If from a floppy then type

a:
if you have a Windows CD can you not put it in the CD drive and then type

d:\setup.exe

where d is the letter of your cd drive?

woodchip 19:20 14 Jan 04

If you are Win98 it's "SYS C:" But you do not need to do it as when you configure Windows Setup for Region and Language it sets up the system files again, Copying the SYS C: to drive is just a waste of time. Just run Setup, The system files are very basic no drivers or anything are loaded with these

Eileanbeag 19:39 14 Jan 04

Cannot get dos to come out of C:\ - How do I get to setup from there in order to load system files and Windows 98

Jester2K 19:48 14 Jan 04

How have you booted the PC? With a boot floppy? Did you enable CD-ROM support? Put the CD in and do as folows...

d:\setup.exe

where d is the letter of your CD drive

Eileanbeag 19:50 14 Jan 04

Can I just type setup: - I'm panicking!!

woodchip 19:51 14 Jan 04

You need to go into BIOS when starting Computer look for "to Enter Setup press Del" something like that then find the screen that lets you boot from disc, set it to boot from floppy then CD-ROM then EIDE. get a Win98se boot disc click here The Win 98 se oem disc put a clean floppy disc in comp and double click the download to create a boot disc you can then start with the disc to setup windows no need to load any system files

Jester2K 19:52 14 Jan 04

You can try it but if it doesn't work then the answer is no.

Stop panicing and read the advise above slowly. You need to boot up the PC with a boot floppy making sure you select WITH CD-ROM support. Then you need to run setup as described above.

Eileanbeag 20:21 14 Jan 04

Booted and enabled CD Rom - found diagnostic tools loaded to D so typed in E:\setup and computer seems to start loading checks drives with scandisc and then stops!

Eileanbeag 20:31 14 Jan 04

Sorry - panicking again - we are loading windows - should just have used esc. - once again many thanks for your help and patience - I'd really be in a state without you people to fall back on - many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…