sys restore will not restore

yvie 20:51 14 Feb 08

Hi all
Need to ask for help again please.

I re formatted my pc a few weeks ago and despite a few probs seemed to be ok.

Last weekend I kept getting error messages saying IE or outlook or msn.....whatever I was trying to open or use, had to close. Couldnt do anything at all. I updated and ran avast/spybot/adaware and asquared in safe mode and all found nothing.

I had let my friend update his phone drivers and he had put a programme on my pc so I just removed it in add/remove and used ccleaner and regscrub and thought that would solve it. I could then get the pc to work but still had several closes and shutdowns. I thought Id try sys restore However SYS RESTORE refuses to restore to before the date that this appeared 'wdf01005'.

I can now access emails and IE but the pc still shuts down and restarts all by itself every now and then and the little window appears saying 'whatever', has to close, send error report'

Has anyone any idea what wdf01005 is and whether it is to do with the sony ericisson programme that was put on please?

Many thanks

Yvie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 14 Feb 08

Wdf01005 is the Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.5.
You might have got it through Windows Update.

Sounds as if one of the updates is corrupt

This is one of the few times using the Last Known Good Configuration startup option may help recover from the problem. Use the following instructions and
choose this option.

Starting Windows XP in Safe Mode:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced