Syntax problem WIN98SE

yuran 10:55 22 Jun 03

On the Autoexec.bat instructions on the boot up page, at the end of the following line:

SET PATH=SET PATH=%PATH%,C:PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MGISHA~1\VIDEO

I am getting a message ?Syntax error?, it does not appear to be doing any harm but I would like it removed!. Any suggestions what might be out of order?
Many thanks
Brian

DieSse 11:25 22 Jun 03

Remove the set path= at the front end, so that it reads

set path=%path%,c: ... etc

bremner 11:26 22 Jun 03

Should there be a \ between the : and progra~1 so it reads c:\progra~1\

Diemmess 11:29 22 Jun 03

Just guessing because I am using Win98SE with HyperOS which now has a pretty long list of things to happen in autoexec.bat............

Back in the "pure days" of Win98SE alone, I'm fairly sure that in Sysedit - it showed me absolutely zilch in that file.

If I am correct then a REM in front of the line you quote might solve the problem. It may have come there with some trial installation which now has no meaning.

.......Or it might, said he with nervous grin, cause a few more!

jazzypop 12:35 22 Jun 03

As DieSse says, you have a double 'set path=' at the start of the line. Remove the first 'set path=', all will be fine.

yuran 14:16 22 Jun 03

Thanks everyone - problem solved!

cheers,
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…