Synmantec2002Antivirus Update to 2003 by disk.

dessi 19:39 29 May 03

Hi there, is there some one who may have already done this and is able to provide me with the right information.
I am currently protected with the above 2002 soft ware and in a couple of months need to update with2003 version on disk; Do I have to first remove the 2002 version antivirus before loading the replacement, or is it alright to overite it with the 2003version. I would be greatful for the right guidance. I am very new to using PC software. thanks.

Meshuga 20:12 29 May 03

Hi dessi, I recently did this and was advised
by manufaturers helpline to uninstall old version first. I had no trouble with the installation
and I`m fairly new to it too. Best of luck.
Meshuga.

citadel 21:45 29 May 03

Be sure to buy the upgrade version of 2003. The box has a red circle in the corner with upgade marked on it. The manual says it auto deletes the previous version.

Giggle n' Bits 21:48 29 May 03

don't/no need to uninstall the older version as the upgrade CD is desinged to do as it says.

Most upgrade Norton 2003 boxes have a red round label on front of box, well they do in PC World.

click here or click here

jazzypop 21:53 29 May 03

As above - I simply bought the upgrade version and installed it over the top of the existing (2002) installation.

No problem at all - quick and painless.

Despicable Desperado 21:59 29 May 03

Just for your info although the box may say upgrade it is actually a full up version - ie you do not need a previous version in order to install

Paperback Writer 22:05 29 May 03

I agree - I bought a version of Systemworks 2002 "Update" version and found it installed fine on my laptop which had never had any version of Norton software on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…