syncronise outlook accross 2 network pc's

silliw 17:43 28 Oct 06

I mainly use my laptop wirelessly on the network to surf and do bits and pieces. I use Outlook for email and sometimes collect mail on my laptop. I also have a desktop machine for more specific work,video editing and my database work. Again I sometimes collect ail on this too. Is there a means by which I can allign my inboxes and calendars accross the two machines?

mgmcc 20:55 28 Oct 06

Yes, use a synchronisation program such as "AllWay Sync" and sync Outlook's .PST file between the two computers.

AllWay Sync - click here

silliw 21:53 28 Oct 06

thanks mgmcc

I was thinking more of a way that I could do this over the network obviously while both machines are on. I have a pda and could if needed Sync between the three devices but it is time consuming and as I only have one cradle I would have to move this between the two machines.

thanks

mgmcc 08:12 29 Oct 06

AllWay Sync would be run over the network with both computers running. Install it in your main PC and set up a "job" in which you enter the path to the .PST file in the main PC and then the network path to the .PST file in the remote PC. Obviously the folder containing the .PST file in the remote PC must be set as "shared", so that it is accessible over the network.

I have set up this exact arrangement for a one-man business in which he 'syncs' his main PC's Outlook file each evening with a second "backup" PC and with his laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…