syncronisation problem-recording analogue video

Biji 12:04 01 Oct 06

As I record through S Video from my analogue video recorder, my video is out of sync with sound before writing to dvd. I use Magix Movie editor Pro and my PC Spec is Intel Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM and a ATI Radeon Graphics card with 256MB memory. The motherboard has a C-MEDIA on board sound.

When recording from the analogue video in Magix's own format, the synchronisation of the sound and video is ok at first but the further into the movie you go the more out of sync they become until the end where the video is approximately 1 second ahead of the sound. But when the dvd is written the quality of the video looks decent.

Magix also allows you to record from analogue in an MPEG format. When this is done, the sound does stay in sync with the video but when I write the dvd, the quality is rubbish and really jittery even though I recorded from the analogue video in the best MPEG format available.

I have asked Magix and they tested my computer saying 'Your Computer has logged memory errors in the following buckets' and there were 27 addresses listed - contact supplier. The supplier said to use 'Windows Memory Diagnostic' tool to test memory and it said nothing was wrong, which I believed, as my computer isn't crashing at all.

Magix aren’t interested as they have listed their test results and don't want to know until their test shows no problems. The computer was only bought in Jan 2005 from PC World so should be fine.

I only want to backup all the camcorder family videos as they were done in the 80s and are already starting to lose quality.

Totally-braindead 12:12 01 Oct 06

Not trying to confuse the issue or anything but the simplest solution is to buy a standalone DVD recorder, you can get them for as little as £60 and copy from the video to the dvd using the scart.

Biji 13:08 01 Oct 06

Unfortuantely, a lot of the videos need editing as there are sometimes long periods between filming. Also I wanted to cut bits out where dad seemed to be filming a flower for ages - of no interest to mum or even dad now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac