syncing files on two pc's - how please?

rsturbo 04:31 20 Jan 03
  rsturbo 04:31 20 Jan 03

i have a desktop and laptop, i need to be able to sync files and content of folders; i.e.
1)create file 'a' on desktop move file 'a' to laptop work on file 'a' on laptop and save. get home and sync file 'a' between laptop and desktop.
2)create file 'b' on laptop, get home and sync with desktop so that file 'b' is now on laptop and desktop.
3)need to be able to set up folders and have these sync on laptop and desktop
using win ME and win XP, can somebody advise best program to use for this please? desperate for some help am getting confused with doing this manually and can't get on with windows Briefcase!

thanks for any help

fudge 09:58 20 Jan 03

Try Laplink Gold (the expensive all singing, all dancing method) or if it's just for file synching then try the much cheaper Laplink Filesync. As long as you have a serial cable connection between each computer it works effortlessly. Go to click here.

Alternatively, try a USB Data Link from click here. This is very quick but will only copy and transfer files, so you have to be a bit more careful how you synchronise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…