synchronizing ipaq with oulook 2003

heidelberg 11:58 01 Feb 09

Hi everyone

I have noticed that whenever I try to synchronize my ipaq with outlook calendar using MS ActiveSync after performing a factory reset, after adjusting the Time Zone from -8 hrs GMT to + 2 hrs GMT (I live outside UK) the time zone change causes all events on iPAQ to appear 1 day in advance.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

bremner 12:54 01 Feb 09

Is this occurring only for All day appointments?

What model iPaq are you using?

heidelberg 13:39 01 Feb 09

It seems that all day events are moved to the day before (I used in advance in the original post) but timed events are not.

It is an iPAQ 114

Thanks

Dave

bremner 14:38 01 Feb 09

With Active Sync the Time Zone on the computer and the iPaq must be the same.

However the ipaq can have three different Timezones and I think this is your problem. Have a read of this click here

heidelberg 14:52 01 Feb 09

Thanks for your help Bremner

The PC and PDA are both set to GMT +2hrs. Whenever I have to reset the PDA it defaults to GMT -8 hrs and than synchronises the calendar to that time. When the ActiveSync is complete I then change the default time zone to mine - GMT +2hrs. That's when the problem occurs - in fact it is not a "problem" more of an inconvenience!

I'm still not sure how to resolve it!

Thanks again

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…