Synchronising PC to Laptop

Johny C 16:34 08 Apr 03

Hi Folks

Is there anyway of synchronising my PC's outlook Calendar to my Laptop.

its a real pain to keep typing them in twice and i usually forget to update one of them and miss meetings

many thanks

John

Johny C 01:04 09 Apr 03

refresh

Johny C 20:56 09 Apr 03

refresh

Taran 12:39 10 Apr 03

Unfortunately you don't say which version of Outlook or Windows you are running and the process can be a little different, depending on that information.

Broadly speaking, you can do this using any one of a number of methods. Possibly the easiest is to copy your .PST file from your user profile folder on one machine to another computer and then import its contents, which include email messages, calendar and other details.

I'd suggest you take a look at the excellent Slipstick site, which has pretty much everything you could want for Outlook listed, detailed and reviewed.

Try this page on their site and look at the section called "Synchronize mailbox and Public Folders":

click here

Regards

Taran

infodan 14:23 10 Apr 03

i ould suggest using a PDA as well as your laptop. That way if you buy a PDA with a windows operating system such as the HP jornad ... you can plug in the PDA and simply update all your outlook ontacts and appointments and tasks. Its simple plus because they are mall you are mre likely to have it with you at all times instead of your laptop. Oh and get a mobile phone with bluetooth or infra red and you can pick your e-mails up on the move too. I bought one last year and havent looked back. I have a laptop too but i find that the PDA adds a lot of functionality to my day.

Dan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…