Synchronising a Palm PDA with Outlook

first500 13:20 20 Jun 06

Since upgrading to Outlook 2003, I get the following message when synching my Palm PDA (using Chapura PocketMirror supplied with the Palm): "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" (Click Yes and carries on ok)

Is there a Registry Hack to prevent this message? because Chapura's solution is to sell me their latest version for $30, which is a lot of money to stop a pop up which shouldn't be there!

stlucia 13:41 20 Jun 06

Have you emailed Palm UK about this? I had a problem earlier this year with synchronising a new Palm (can't remember what exactly it was), and Palm gave me links to the latest versions of Palm software, and to Chapura for a "replacement" copy of PocketMirror Standard.

I solved my problem by replacing the Palm part of the software, so I don't know if Chapura would have charged me -- though the tone of the Palm email was that they wouldn't.

wee eddie 14:32 20 Jun 06

Sounds like a NIS warning to me

first500 15:48 20 Jun 06

stlucia - Yes - Palm told me I should get the latest version from Chapura - and implied it would be free. However Chapura no longer give free upgrades!

wee eddie. I am running Norton, but the error message is legitimate according to Microsoft: click here

nick_j007 16:49 20 Jun 06

I get this same message when synching my slightly older Nokia phone with Outlook, and consider it to be normal.

Just click yes and it will complete.

Not aware of a hack to stop it however.

Try Googling the message and see if anyone else has come up with the same question in other forums.

HTH,

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…