Synchronising Outlook: option not there?

Handy Spinner 17:02 04 Jul 05

Hi all,

I need to set up a laptop with a desktop computer to synchronise Outlook 2000. I was reading some of the old threads on this matter, and read this tutorial:

click here

However...I can't see the option "Synchronize Other Computer" at all here! As far as I know, the version installed is simply Office 2000 Pro, non-corporate, networked, or anything like that.

Can anyone help, perhaps by telling me how to work Outlook, or by alerting me to a (preferably free) alternative?

Many thanks,

Spinner

wee eddie 18:52 04 Jul 05

Watch out for duplicates

dogbreath1 20:55 04 Jul 05

I suspect that the option isn't available. click here for a paid for prog that claims to do what you need. If there was an inbuilt function I can't imagine a paid for prog selling one copy! Hope it helps. db.

VoG II 21:04 04 Jul 05

I think that you need to be using Microsoft Exchange with Outlook for this option to be available.

Handy Spinner 16:17 07 Jul 05

What exactly do you mean by "watch out for duplicates"?

Thanks for all your help.

wee eddie 18:21 07 Jul 05

You have a number of options when you Import, I can't remember which one I hit, but I found that I had duplicate entries all over the place.

Maybe I should have read the instructions first. Once you've mastered it, the system of Exporting from one PC and Importing to another PC works well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant