Synchronising folders

slowhand_1000 19:58 26 Dec 03

having just networked a 2 pc's, 1 with XP and 1 with W98se. Is there a way to synchronise a shared folder.

For example I have a folder with about 800+ files in it. When I work within the folder I may end up changing upto 40 or so files each time.

I know I could sort the files by 'Modified date' order then move the said files from XP pc to 98 pc. But with my grey matter suffering more and more it would more than likely be possible for me to forget to transfer the files. Now that's ok if it's only the next day I want to work on the 98 pc, but after a few passing days and my memory, I won't remember which are the latest files.

I suppose all I am looking for is something similiar to the way Nero works when backing up the same said folder. It just highlights the changed files and Bob's your Uncle.

I've only been using XP for a couple of days and I have had a look in help but can't see anything there.

cheers

Big Elf 20:03 26 Dec 03

I don't know if you use MS Office. If so the 'Briefcase' function may be what you need. However I think that it may only work with Office generated files but I may be wrong. It's a long time since I used it but it allowed synchronisation of files each time I networked my laptop and desktop.

slowhand_1000 20:39 26 Dec 03

Cheers Big Elf.

I've never used the 'Briefcase' option before so it slipped my mind. I also found it in XP help, but of course it didn't find any topics before because I spelt it synchronise with an 's'.

Thanks again

slowhand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…