Synchronise folders - how?

Trevski 16:54 04 Jan 05

Hi,

I have a laptop which when in the office, connects to a network drive. I am looking for a way that I can have a copy of the My Documents folder (currently points to the network) onto the laptop and when I leave the office I can synchronise any changes so I have a working copy on the laptop.

If I create or delete files from the working copy I then want to synchronise these changes back to the network when I am next in the office.

Any ideas?

Regards

jhm 13:07 07 May 05

I don't know if you have sorted this as posted in Jan. I assume that you have a file server where all your docs etc are kept. As its been awhile since I did this the memory goes,but you should log on to server at work in normal way and right click the files/folders you want to sync at check Synchronise. Now every time you log on and off the server will sync any changes between itself and the docs on HDD.
Beware not to sync to much as the files are copied to your laptop.
This is also a handy way to bring home resources to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…