SYNCH OUTLOOK BETWEEN 2 COMPUTERS USING CD-R MEDIA

Rabi 02:17 04 Dec 03

Having transferred my Outlook Contacts from one PC to another, how do I keep them in synch using the same CD-Burner route? I know how to replace, or add, a duplicate contact. What if some of the contact details have changed, but same name etc, for instance just one phone number out of 5?

smegs 02:32 04 Dec 03

You should be using a CD-RW for that. When I update anything on cdrw, it will over wright what ever I have changed automaticly

Rabi 15:51 04 Dec 03

Yes, I know CD-RW's overwrite ... I am asking about synching the Outlook programmes on the PC's.
CHange a phone number of a contact on one PC with Outlook, when you next copy Outlook and transfer onto the other PC running Outlook, how do you get them to synch? How does the destination recognise that this isn't a duplicated contact, but an amended contact???

smegs 18:39 04 Dec 03

I would think, it will over write the duplicate file as it will have the same name. Just like when you make a word file that has the same name as one that is already on the pc, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it. But I'm not sure on that.

accord 18:53 04 Dec 03

what you really want is to use the CDR/RW as a briefcase between the 2 PCs. Dont know how you do that though, i cant find a briefcase on my XP home.

Rabi 22:11 04 Dec 03

I know there are other more effective ways & with a better interface to do it, but the briefcase tip could also work;
Could someone walk us through, step-by-step, on how to use the briefcase to synchronise Outlook between 2 PC's?:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…