Sync Toy For winXP

tims31 22:58 05 Oct 06

Hi all,

Need a little help on this if anyone knows.

I've been using this click here for a while now, and it really is good as syncronising between files, folders, drives or computers on a network. The only minor niggle I have with it is when you start windows it starts with the folder open on the desktop and there appears to be no way to stop it opening up when windows starts. It doesn't make it auto start or any thing like that and It doesn't seem to have anything running in the process or startup in msconfig??

Got me quite confused. As I said it is really good if you need to sync files between 2 comps so won't be uninstalling but just wondered if anyone knew.

Thanks in advance

STREETWORK 07:41 06 Oct 06

When it opens at start up, hit 'Ctrl Alt Delete' to bring up the task manager, under processes see what it running. This will help point to the start up program you need to alter in msconfig.

If this does not work you may need to edit the boot.ini file, not yet, just post back here...

VoG II 09:30 06 Oct 06

I use this and I've never had a folder open on startup.

ventanas 09:40 06 Oct 06

I had the same problem and never solved it. Eventually got rid of SyncToy.

tims31 14:03 06 Oct 06

Hi guys,

After alot of digging around on the net I found a solution. The fault is not to do with Sync toy as such but more to do with microsoft office. Also the fault seems to occur if you have more than one user.

Anyway the fix that worked for me was to go into program files, make a new folder called synctoy or whatever then move everthing out of the original folder called microsoft into the new folder and then delete the microsoft folder.

You have to update all your short cuts but thats no real probs.

Have a look click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now