Symc810.sys is corrupted?

cara 22:09 30 Nov 04

Continuing from my earlier thread re: re-formating my computer in conjunction with a recovery disk - I much prefer to do it via the disk if possible.

However, when booting up with the recovery disk I get the above message. What does this mean?

The only thing I can think of is that my brother has made a couple of minor upgrades. Surely that would not make the recovery disk useless?

I can re-install Windows XP with the disk, but a formatting option should also be included (according the the mesh instruction booklet). But I cannot format with the disk!

Thanks, Cara

VoG II 22:14 30 Nov 04

Try reinstalling the file click here first.

cara 14:21 01 Dec 04

Thanks VOG,

I have been told by Mesh that the error message 'symc810.sys is corrupted' indicates the Hard Drive has failed.

Other than trying to re-format with the recovery disk - there is no idication that the HD has failed. So, does this seem correct. Can a HD fail in this way with no other apparent symptons?

cara 19:15 01 Dec 04

I will repost to see if I can get more replies!

ACOLYTE 19:32 01 Dec 04

Check my other posting in the other thread you have started.,you may wont to close a thread to avoid confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…