@ symbol doesn't work,also need to uninstall norton and AOL.

buel 15 Jan 12

Hi, i've recently used the recovery partition to get my friend's laptop to factory settings. unfortunately, the @ symbol doesn't work or the question mark or the plus symbol. Also the norton antivirus and Aol programmes do not apear in the list of Revo uninstaller programmes. please help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15 Jan 12

the @ symbol doesn't work or the question mark or the plus symbol.

probably need to change to English UK - in Control panel regional settings and languages.

Norton Removal tool

AOL cleaner

buel 15 Jan 12

Thank you Fuit Bat, you are wonderful.

however, oddly all the Language settings all say uk...

onthelimit1 15 Jan 12

If XP, did you also go to Languages and then Details? That's where you can change the keyboard

buel 18 Jan 12

hi, Still no luck. Yes everything seems to be 'uk' settings. no at symbol, just this '

buel 18 Jan 12

Hello anyone/

buel 18 Jan 12

No question nmark either....

rdave13 19 Jan 12

Check 'sticky keys' is disabled.

lotvic 19 Jan 12

When you said you had set everything to UK, Did you do this bit?

Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Languages tab -> Click on 'Details' and set both the 'Default input language' and the 'Installed services' (the keyboard) to UK -> click on 'Apply' and 'OK'

buel 19 Jan 12

hi, yes and i've just double checked it too. Also, ive just been back in to it and removed the US options. no question mark, i get this / no 'at' symbol, i get this '

buel 19 Jan 12

AAAAARH!

I've just noticed that it is because the left hand shift works but the right one doesn't!!

Sorry everybody!!

Ps- just to prove it- ???@@@@@

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message