symantic causing problems

ahales42 01:12 26 Jan 05

my son`s comp has symantic installed as standard. he wanted rid of it and have za and avg installed instead.there is no option to uninstall this prog, so i disabled it through sevices. now he cannot get into msn messenger, ms update, and more importantly,(for him), he cannot log into asheron`s call 2. So, anyone know why, and anyone know how i can uninstall symantec? I have an idea it`s reg keys involved.

goonerbill © ® 01:39 26 Jan 05

just go into control panel, add/remove programs and then look for the program you wish to remove and click on it and the remove.

there have been reports in this forum that symantec product can leave bits behind when being removed. do a search to see if you can find any info on this matter.

ahales42 10:32 26 Jan 05

i`ve been there. there is no mention of symantec or norton anywhere in that list.i`ve looked everywhere in the comp,but no joy.

ACOLYTE 10:37 26 Jan 05

Can you run a serach through windows for norton/symantec files?,one of them should have an uninstaller in the folder,probably in c/program files,Has he set a password to control setting changes.

VCR97 20:11 26 Jan 05

Go to click here. Go to section 2, enter product and version, click on "knowledge base". Then enter "uninstall" in the search box. Scroll down the results. You should find something like "Uninstalling Norton xxxxx when Add/remove Programs does not work".

VoG II 20:36 26 Jan 05
  ahales42 00:38 27 Jan 05

thanks folks. will do that at the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…